Website Terms and Conditions
Content appearing on this site is published in good faith. It is not our intention to mislead, offend or upset, and we aim to act quickly to remove misleading, inaccurate or offensive content. Please contact the site administrator if you spot an error, or have an objection to content placed on this site.
Under no circumstances shall the site owners or approved contributors be held liable for any loss or damage caused by reliance on information published on this website.
The site owners/administrators are not responsible for content on sites linked to from this site.
Material originated by Southend Hospital Radio or its contributors is the copyright of the owners of this domain, unless acknowledged otherwise. Copyright © Southend Hospital Radio. All rights reserved.
No part of this website may be copied, mirrored or reproduced in any form whatsoever without prior written permission from the site owners.
In the event that any organisation or individual feels that material used on this site has been used incorrectly or inappropriately on this site, please contact the site’s webmaster via the homepage, and prompt action will be taken.
Visitors to our site are able to post messages in the form of a comment to a page. Visitors who post messages must not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racist, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. Legal actions can be taken against posters. Visitors must not post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by them or they have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material.
Posters remain solely responsible for the content of their messages. The site owners reserve the right to reveal the identity and IP addresses of any poster in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any content posted.
It is impossible for us to confirm the validity of content submitted by visitors to this site. We do not actively monitor posted messages and are not responsible for their content. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information presented. The messages express the views of the author, not necessarily the views of the site owners/administrators.
Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify the webmaster immediately. We have the right to remove objectionable content within a reasonable timeframe, where we deem that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realise that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
We reserve the right to quote and/or re-publish posts made to our site.
The site owners have made best endeavors to be compliant with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into force on 25 May 2018.
1. Information gathered from visitors
This website does not request or store data deemed to be most sensitive, such as postal addresses and telephone numbers. Additionally, we do not hold financial, payment or medical data. Here is a summary of the data that we collect:
- Members who wish to access the Members-only section of the website will be required to register. Registering results in the member’s name, email address, username, password (MD5 hash encrypted) and IP address being stored on this site’s web server. Additional information can be entered optionally by the user in the form of user profile data.
- Visitors adding comments to site pages or posts will be required to submit their name and email address. These details, together with the IP address will be stored on this site’s web server
- In common with other websites, log files are stored on the web server saving details such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit.
- Cookies are used to remember visitor preferences when interacting with the website.
The website and associated data is hosted securely on a dedicated server hosted by UK Fast in the UK. The site administrator holds a secure backup for the purposes of disaster recovery.
2. How the Information is used
Data collected /retained on the website is used in the following ways:
- Where a Member registers on online account, the data entered is for the purposes of accessing and administering the online account. Additionally, we may use their email address to provide them emails relating to membership of the organisation. Their name and photo (but not email address) appears in a members-only online directory
- Where a visitor posts a page or post comment, the visitor can decide to receive copies of the post and follow-on comments via the supplied email address. Emails include the option to unsubscribe.
- Where a message is sent to us electronically, we may broadcast some or all of the message, including the sender’s name (but not email address) on our radio station, unless the message is clearly marked as not for broadcast.
- Surveys and Polls make use of IP addresses and cookies, to prevent multiple submissions
- Server logs and site cookies are used for the purposes of monitoring and improving the performance of our website and service. Cookies enhance the visitor’s experience when using, and some of these cookies are essential to make our site work. We make use of the third-party Google Analytics for site performance and web statistics.
Personal data (such as email addresses) will not be sold, rented or leased to third parties. If requested, we may submit your information to local or government authorities.
3. Visitor Options
If you have a Member account with us, you can edit or delete data from the “User Control Panel”, or by contacting the Forum Administrator.
You may be able to block cookies via your browser settings, however this may prevent you from accessing certain features of the website which rely on cookies.
If you wish any personal data that you have submitted to be removed, GDPR legislation allows this, and you should contact the Site Administrator via the “Contact Us” form found on the home page of this website. Ensure that your message is clearly marked “GDPR Removal Request”.
4. Submitted Content
Where a message is sent to us electronically, we may broadcast some or all of the message, including the sender’s name (but not email address) on our radio station, unless the message is clearly marked as not for broadcast.
Where appropriate, we may republish extracts of emails sent to us, comments made to blog posts, or other messages sent to us electronically. Should we elect to republish content, we will not disclose any user’s email address, telephone number or postal address.
If you do not want us to broadcast or republish any extracts of correspondence or content submitted to us, then this should be made clear in the body text at the time of submission.
A ‘cookie’ is a small text file that is created by a website or web service. As you surf the web, these cookies are stored in directories on your browser. These are typically used to help you navigate around a website, to help provide statistics to a website owner, or for advertising purposes.
Additionally, some advertisement placements on this website make use of third-party cookies from one or more advertising networks. These cookies use anonymous data to improve the advertising experience for visitors, for tracking purposes, and to attribute advertising impressions to this website.
Cookies Used On This Site:
To help us understand our site visitors, and to allow us to make improvements to our site, we use various monitoring tools. We’re using the same tools as many of the world’s websites use. Here is a short summary of what we are using.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website. You can find out more information on Google Analytics, and data collected by Google here: Google Analytics Privacy
We make use of the Content Management System WordPress, which collects statistics on visitors. The cookies collect the following anonymous information: browser type, language preferences, referring URL, time/date and pseudonymous IP address. More information here: automattic.com/privacy